Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My Pet Cockatiel, Sam


My mom adopted a cockatiel named Sam, we go him by my Grandpa because they weren't to have birds in the Senior Citizens home. He loves getting attention, but doesn't want to be touched by us yet. He flirted with my sisters and me, he showed us his wings and whistle at us, that's how we knew he was flirting. Everytime you say 'pretty birdy' he goes crazy and loves you, and we still got to get Sam's flying feather clipped off. We are trying not to get him any ideas on how to fly, becaue we are getting professional's to clip them, we don't want to scare him.

I think having a bird will be fun because we can teach him how to talk and understand us, since he is a male speaking will be great, a female not so great. But hey, nobody said it will be easy to take care of him, he is hard to control since he loves to mimic the micrwave. It's funny how he does it you should see him.

No comments:

Post a Comment